On February 24 we will begin using Google Apps for Education, which provides the email service of Gmail. As we begin to migrate our network off of the Novell platform, a big concern was what e-mail system to migrate to.
MSD of Wabash County has chosen Google apps for Education for a number of reasons:
· To reduce the cost and complexity of our IT environment—no GroupWise server or spam filter is needed since Google provides these services.
· Google has resources for application and feature development, security, and privacy that MSD simply can’t provide.
· 7GB mailbox size —this is a substantial increase in mailbox size.
· Google “innovates in real time” which means that enhancements to features and applications occur much more frequently than what MSD could offer.
· Collaboration tools such as Google Docs and Google Sites can add value to student’s educational experience.
· Google’s ability to simultaneously provide these services to mobile devices.
We hope to make this a very smooth transition for everyone. We have put together a Q&A section that we hope will answer a few of your initial questions. If you have any more questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail any of the Tech Staff and we will compile this into a larger list of Q&A questions.
Last Student Day/End of Semester